We are having a problem with sex. My wife and I are both 60 and she has gone through the change of life. Sex hurts her and is start to hurt me too. Is there a good lube that we can use.


  • Michael Castleman says:

    Yes, there are plenty of good lubricants out there. I suggest you check at your local pharmacy. I bet they stock a few brands. Personally I’m not partial to KY, but Astroglide and Probe are quite good. In addition, you might try olive oil or vegetable oil. They feel good, but may stain bed linens. Or check out our sex toy affiliate, Adam & Eve, which offers several lubes plus a Lubricant Sampler that allows you to try several brands to see which you like best. To get the most pleasure from using a lubricant, I suggest you read Lubricants: The Slippery Secret of Great Sex, Especially After 40.

    While it’s quite possible that a lubricant will resolve the discomfort you and your wife are feeling, it’s also possible that sex will continue to cause pain. If so, I’d suggest medical checkups for her, or both of you. I’d also suggest you read Great Sex Without Intercourse: A Creative Alternative for Couples After 40.

Leave a Response

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.