unhappy Senior Man Sitting Outside

I’m diabetic, type 2. I can’t get an erection. Is there any hope for me?


  • Michael Castleman says:

    I’m sorry that diabetes has hit you in the penis.

    I assume you’ve discussed your situation with your doctor and endocrinologist. I assume they’ve offered erection medication. That helps some men with diabetes, but by no means all.

    Meanwhile, your doctors may not be sufficiently well informed about diabetic erection impairment. I suggest you consider consulting a sexual medicine specialist. I suggest you contact the Sexual Medicine Society of North America for a referral to an expert near you.

    Beyond that, I urge you to rethink sex. Men don’t need to have erections to have orgasms. That’s right. With extended erotic play and vigorous stimulation, flaccid penises can produce orgasms. The key is to engage in whole-body sensual lovemaking. For more on this, I suggest my recent book, Sizzling Sex for Life.

    If you have trouble adjusting your lovemaking to your situation, I urge you to consult a sex therapist. To find one near you, visit the American Association of Sex Euicators, Counselors, and Therapists.

    Good luck. I wish you sizzling sex for life!

Leave a Response

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.